I am a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of California, San Diego, where I am fortunate to be advised by Rose Yu. I received my Master’s degree in computer science from Georgia Institute of Technology, and Bachelor degrees in computer science and physics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
I am broadly interested in deep learning theory and optimization. Currently, I am studying symmetries in the parameter space and dynamics of learning.
Symmetry Teleportation for Accelerated Optimization
Bo Zhao, Nima Dehmamy, Robin Walters, Rose Yu
Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2022
LIMO: Latent Inceptionism for Targeted Molecule Generation
Peter Eckmann, Kunyang Sun, Bo Zhao, Mudong Feng, Michael Gilson, Rose Yu
International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2022
Concentric Spherical Neural Network for 3D Representation Learning
James Fox, Bo Zhao, Beatriz Gonzalez Del Rio, Sivasankaran Rajamanickam, Rampi Ramprasad, Le Song
International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2022
Multiple Aging Mechanisms in Ferroelectric Deuterated Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate
Gregory A. Fields, Samuel F. Cieszynski, Bo Zhao, Kidan A. Tadesse, Mohammed A. Sheikh, Eugene V Colla, and M. B. Weissman.
Journal of Applied Physics 125, 194102, 2019
- Teaching Assistant, CS 4641 Machine Learning, Georgia Tech, Fall 2020
- Course Assistant, CS 225 Data Structures, UIUC, Fall 2017 - Spring 2019
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of California, San Diego, 2021-present
- M.S. in Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2019-2021
- B.S. in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2016-2019
- B.S.L.A.S. in Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2016-2019